Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal

Topic:  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
Author
Message
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/23/2023 8:19:35 PM 
Buffalo 6-10 c/f Isaac Jack out of Canada picks Dayton for his next stop.
Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,000

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/23/2023 8:45:35 PM 
giacomo wrote:
Ahmed Jamal to heaven.


My favorite jazz musician. Had Live at the Pershing on most of the week. Couldn’t let this pass without comment. Carry on with transfer portal talk…..




Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/23/2023 8:52:55 PM 
greencat wrote:
Buffalo 6-10 c/f Isaac Jack out of Canada picks Dayton for his next stop.


Surprised he got a gig at Dayton - DW3 shut him down in the Convo this year. UBeefs in full rebuilding mode

Last Edited: 4/23/2023 8:53:13 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/23/2023 9:14:19 PM 
Jack is a project. The competition he faced in rural Canada is suspect.

He does have size and athletic ability. It's just raw.
Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,943

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 12:35:20 AM 
greencat wrote:
Jack is a project. The competition he faced in rural Canada is suspect.

He does have size and athletic ability. It's just raw.


The first time Jack gets called for a moving screen or turns it over, the coaching staff at UD should probably all get fired for having terrible scouting abilities. Nobody wants a big that's raw or a project. Especially not through the portal. If he's not dominating the A-10 something is wrong. #AmIRight?

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 7:14:17 AM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
greencat wrote:
Jack is a project. The competition he faced in rural Canada is suspect.

He does have size and athletic ability. It's just raw.


The first time Jack gets called for a moving screen or turns it over, the coaching staff at UD should probably all get fired for having terrible scouting abilities. Nobody wants a big that's raw or a project. Especially not through the portal. If he's not dominating the A-10 something is wrong. #AmIRight?



Is this a G-Wiz related rant?
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,292

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 7:52:59 AM 
Cellis033 wrote:
greencat wrote:
Buffalo 6-10 c/f Isaac Jack out of Canada picks Dayton for his next stop.


Surprised he got a gig at Dayton - DW3 shut him down in the Convo this year. UBeefs in full rebuilding mode


Speaking of Buffalo; its AD has to be punching the air rn now letting Hodgson leave with Oats. Another impressive portal get. Arkansas State might be a Sun Belt favorite by the second challenge matchups.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/16502303016107253...
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,179

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 10:39:51 AM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
greencat wrote:
Jack is a project. The competition he faced in rural Canada is suspect.

He does have size and athletic ability. It's just raw.


The first time Jack gets called for a moving screen or turns it over, the coaching staff at UD should probably all get fired for having terrible scouting abilities. Nobody wants a big that's raw or a project. Especially not through the portal. If he's not dominating the A-10 something is wrong. #AmIRight?



I love it, but it's really not asking much for a big to get through one game without committing one moving screen. I mean all they have to do is set the feet and not move. It's not hard.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 4,319

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 10:52:58 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
GraffZ06 wrote:
greencat wrote:
Jack is a project. The competition he faced in rural Canada is suspect.

He does have size and athletic ability. It's just raw.


The first time Jack gets called for a moving screen or turns it over, the coaching staff at UD should probably all get fired for having terrible scouting abilities. Nobody wants a big that's raw or a project. Especially not through the portal. If he's not dominating the A-10 something is wrong. #AmIRight?



I love it, but it's really not asking much for a big to get through one game without committing one moving screen. I mean all they have to do is set the feet and not move. It's not hard.


If it were easy, it would never be a problem. Moving screens are like holding in football, they could probably be called every possession. But if you're a lanky 7 footer, it's probably more obvious and gets called more. So Yeah, Wiz will need to be even more disciplined than the average player. That said, I doubt anyone is coached to stand still forever. The guard/defender path changes on a whim. Set your pick then beat your man to the hoop with the clear passing lane you just created and/or be ready to rebound the open shot you helped create. It's not like those Boals-esque backcourt picks where you plant for like 10 minutes and create a brick wall.

Last Edited: 4/24/2023 10:56:39 AM by Deciduous Forest Cat

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,292

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 2:06:48 PM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
Keyshawn Hall officially to George Mason.

George Mason also added CMUs Nicolas Pavrette today.

Might imply they're no longer in the Myles Foster sweepstakes?


Maybe, maybe not.

https://twitter.com/247hshoops/status/1650545614222925825...
Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,660

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 2:24:23 PM 
Ohio69 wrote:
giacomo wrote:
Ahmed Jamal to heaven.


My favorite jazz musician. Had Live at the Pershing on most of the week. Couldn’t let this pass without comment. Carry on with transfer portal talk…..





I was lucky to see him several times in Pittsburgh. Both times we were in the second row. He was an absolute magician on the horse teeth!
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 14,016

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 3:52:20 PM 
giacomo wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
giacomo wrote:
Ahmed Jamal to heaven.


My favorite jazz musician. Had Live at the Pershing on most of the week. Couldn’t let this pass without comment. Carry on with transfer portal talk…..





I was lucky to see him several times in Pittsburgh. Both times we were in the second row. He was an absolute magician on the horse teeth!


Please explain in this context what "horse teeth" mean. I'm familiar with the expression for violinists "playing the horse hairs," but I don't know of a musical context for "horse teeth." But, as one of our most revered and universally respected posters pointed out recently, at a reported age of 103, I might be out touch! ;-)


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,660

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 5:49:35 PM 
https://youtu.be/bgmdnxtz3Bo

Check this out from the Three Stooges. Moe says “pound those horse teeth, toots” in Swinging the Alphabet. Very funny and that’s where I got the saying from! She’s playing the piano. If you think about it, it makes sense.
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 6,066

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 6:25:10 PM 
Love Swinging the Alphabet. Isn't that the one where a basketball or football exploded?
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 6,066

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 6:26:54 PM 
Any updates on Myles Foster? I heard a lengthy interview with him at Monmouth and he is very impressive. Would love to see him become a Bobcat.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 14,016

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 9:15:15 PM 
giacomo wrote:
https://youtu.be/bgmdnxtz3Bo

Check this out from the Three Stooges. Moe says “pound those horse teeth, toots” in Swinging the Alphabet. Very funny and that’s where I got the saying from! She’s playing the piano. If you think about it, it makes sense.


Thanks for 'splain it. I always heard that referred to as "pounding the ivories,' but I haven't look at the Three Stooges for years. They did have a way with words at times. ;-)


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/24/2023 9:29:20 PM 
More players want off the Mount Pleasant train to nowhere - Miroslav Stafl in the portal. Dylan Jergens also committed to Concordia


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,292

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 7:17:30 AM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Any updates on Myles Foster? I heard a lengthy interview with him at Monmouth and he is very impressive. Would love to see him become a Bobcat.


I was told he visited last week. However, he also had a zoom meeting with GW staff and visited Temple this past weekend. It’s been posted before — but his Twitter activity has consisted of liking the Shereef and Ike commitment posts but nothing of that nature as it relates to the other schools recruiting him.

TBD for now.

Last Edited: 4/25/2023 7:17:59 AM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,556

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 8:47:07 AM 
Cellis033 wrote:
More players want off the Mount Pleasant train to nowhere - Miroslav Stafl in the portal. Dylan Jergens also committed to Concordia


As of today, the MAC next year doesn't appearing to be looking too strong.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 9:58:38 AM 
The Optimist wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
More players want off the Mount Pleasant train to nowhere - Miroslav Stafl in the portal. Dylan Jergens also committed to Concordia


As of today, the MAC next year doesn't appearing to be looking too strong.


I unforunately have to agree. Toledo has lost quite a bit of their firepower this offseason. Akron is set to lose four to five guys next year, and Kent is reloading with acquiring Bass. It seems like whenever we have a strong top 6 we have an equally abysmal bottom six. It just seems like CMU, EMU and WMU have been consistently rebuilding over the last few seasons.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 6,066

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 11:50:08 AM 
I was hoping the MAC would be better next year. But with the mass exodus of talent from second division teams and Buffalo, it looks like the league could have its worst season ever, maybe in the 20s? It's really hard to understand what's going on at NIU and Central.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 12:48:48 PM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
I was hoping the MAC would be better next year. But with the mass exodus of talent from second division teams and Buffalo, it looks like the league could have its worst season ever, maybe in the 20s? It's really hard to understand what's going on at NIU and Central.


+1. If the bottom six or even the top 6 teams can't retain talent or effectively build / develop then the MAC is in some serious trouble. But, I can imagine programs such as WMU, Central and NIU don't support basketball as much as football or other sports. Also could be cultural issues as well within those programs which might explain the mass exodus from these programs.



Last Edited: 4/25/2023 12:49:17 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,179

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 1:00:19 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
I was hoping the MAC would be better next year. But with the mass exodus of talent from second division teams and Buffalo, it looks like the league could have its worst season ever, maybe in the 20s? It's really hard to understand what's going on at NIU and Central.


+1. If the bottom six or even the top 6 teams can't retain talent or effectively build / develop then the MAC is in some serious trouble. But, I can imagine programs such as WMU, Central and NIU don't support basketball as much as football or other sports. Also could be cultural issues as well within those programs which might explain the mass exodus from these programs.





You can make the argument right now for Ohio to be preseason 1 or 2 in conference. The addition of Myles would cement it.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 1:10:38 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
I was hoping the MAC would be better next year. But with the mass exodus of talent from second division teams and Buffalo, it looks like the league could have its worst season ever, maybe in the 20s? It's really hard to understand what's going on at NIU and Central.


+1. If the bottom six or even the top 6 teams can't retain talent or effectively build / develop then the MAC is in some serious trouble. But, I can imagine programs such as WMU, Central and NIU don't support basketball as much as football or other sports. Also could be cultural issues as well within those programs which might explain the mass exodus from these programs.





You can make the argument right now for Ohio to be preseason 1 or 2 in conference. The addition of Myles would cement it.



Potentially, and agree with the addition of Foster we would be in those talks. Although I do believe Kent so far could repeat next year with the addition of Bass and retainment of most of their depth despite losses of Carry, Jacobs and Thomas.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,744

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 4/25/2023 1:33:40 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
I was hoping the MAC would be better next year. But with the mass exodus of talent from second division teams and Buffalo, it looks like the league could have its worst season ever, maybe in the 20s? It's really hard to understand what's going on at NIU and Central.


+1. If the bottom six or even the top 6 teams can't retain talent or effectively build / develop then the MAC is in some serious trouble. But, I can imagine programs such as WMU, Central and NIU don't support basketball as much as football or other sports. Also could be cultural issues as well within those programs which might explain the mass exodus from these programs.


The struggles of the directional Michigans & NIU makes me want to revisit my often brought up dream scenario of a super-tight conference and orchestrate a trade with the Horizon League. Those 4 for Youngstown St, Wright St, Cleveland St & Northern Kentucky. I know football and other considerations ruin it, I just have always thought tight geographical conferences are a good thing especially at the mid-major level as the proximity maximizes rivalries and overall buzz.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  626 - 650  of 1271 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties